Feb 20 2017
PostgreSQL JDBC Driver 42.0.0 Released!
- Support for PostgreSQL versions below 8.2 was dropped
- java.util.logging is now used for logging: logging documentation
- Ensure executeBatch() can be used with pgbouncer. Previously pgjdbc could use server-prepared statements for batch execution even with prepareThreshold=0 (see issue 742)
- Replication protocol API was added: replication API documentation, GitHub PR 550
- Version bumped to 42.0.0 to avoid version clash with PostgreSQL version
- Error position is displayed when SQL has unterminated literals, comments, etc (see issue 688)
You may have noticed the change in the versioning of the driver, you can
read the FAQ for more information.
The PostgreSQL JDBC group would like to thank YourKit for graciously providing licenses to the project